Shared database, to allow multiple EFA appliances sharing one truth for SQLGrey etc

Request and discuss new features you would like to have.
SupportOU

Shared database, to allow multiple EFA appliances sharing one truth for SQLGrey etc

Post by SupportOU »

Hola,
I don't know if this is already in the wish list somewhere, but is it possible to have a shared MariaDB, which can serve multiple instances of the appliance? This, so we can have true HA with one truth for grey listing, black/whitelists, statistics, bayes, and so on.

Would be super!

Grtz,
Ronald
shawniverson

Re: Shared database, to allow multiple EFA appliances sharing one truth for SQLGrey etc

Post by shawniverson »

Yes, on the radar :)
toddh

Re: Shared database, to allow multiple EFA appliances sharing one truth for SQLGrey etc

Post by toddh »

This is already available. We have been doing it for years.

All you need is a shared MySQL server and adjust SQLGrey DB settings in /etc/swlgrey/sqlgrey.conf

## Database settings
db_type = mysql
db_name = sqlgrey
db_host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx MySQL Server IP
db_port = default
user = username
db_pass = userpass

Of course you have to create provision the sqlgrey DB on the server.

Hope this helps.
mph

Post by mph »

Would be better to replicate the DBs (with something like Galera) on each EFA to have a shared-nothing solution, otherwise DB is SPOF.
Then we could load-balance incoming email to multiple EFAs.
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

i would love to have this set up, how can i get it configured? tried the above but broke the installation.
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

When you say "broke" can you be a bit more specific?

Can you tell us all the steps you did between when it "worked" and when it "broke"?

If we know what you did, then we may be able to figure out where it went wrong.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

If I were to guess...

when you change the db_host from localhost to an ipaddress or hostname, the mysql database wouldn't allow access from a non local request.

To fix that, you'll have to give access to the sqlgrey database from that user/host combination.