A new Antivirus

Request and discuss new features you would like to have.
nicola.piazzi

A new Antivirus

Post by nicola.piazzi »

This is COMODO ANTIVIRUS FOR LINUX & EMAIL GATEWAY
It is free and seems powerful
https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-se ... -linux.php

Is omeone able to install it in nonresident mode and write a wrapper to integrate it with mailscanner ?
neodg

Re: A new Antivirus

Post by neodg »

Better virus(spy-,ad-,malware)-protection would be helpfull in this time.

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-se ... hp#tab-faq

What is the mail gateway?

The mail gateway is a email filter capable of blocking spam and virus laden emails. Highly configurable, the filter is compatible with popular open source MTA's for Postfix, Sendmail, qmail and Exim.

Well, i prefer kaspersky or bitdefender, but as i know they are (realy) expensive.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

BliXem

Post by BliXem »

+1
efa-user

Post by efa-user »

+2

The ability to install an alternative, or ideally even multiple, AV engines would be great :)
ovizii

Post by ovizii »

MailScanner already supports plenty of mail scanners, see /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

adding Comodo would be nice but just the plain scanner, I mean EFA is an email gateway so adding the comodo email gateway (like neodg suggested) seems like quite some overhead. If I understand this right the beauty of EFA is it can use any plain on-demand scanner as it sends all emails and attachments through any scanner, one by one so no fancy on-access or gateway setups are needed.
Deeso

Post by Deeso »

+3

Upvote this. It would be nice to have an alternate antivirus more so if it's free
Halon5

Post by Halon5 »

Why not just script to Virustotal Public API ?
nicola.piazzi

Whi not virustotal public api ? 2 reasons :

Post by nicola.piazzi »

1 ) it is limited to at most 4 requests of any nature in any given 1 minute time frame.
2 ) The public API is a free service, available for any website or application that is free to consumers. The API must not be used in commercial products or services, it can not be used as a substitute for antivirus products