Quarantine Reports Scheduling

Request and discuss new features you would like to have.
stusmith

Quarantine Reports Scheduling

Post by stusmith »

I was thinking about e-mail this morning in the shower, as one does, and I had a thought. Because I'm a disguised variant of the BOFH, my quarantine summary reports are scheduled to run hourly. I have problems with some users who miss the notifications and/or have time-critical e-mail that gets lost because our old filter sends a report once and doesn't repeat notifications ( if you've already been notified about a particular message, it's excluded from subsequent reports ).

So, the idea was to badger people into handling their quarantine by -lol- spamming them with summary reports until they either release or delete a message. All fine and good. However, it seems a little cruel and unusual to send messages to regular office staff outside of business hours when they can't take any action. The result is that they'll receive fifteen duplicate messages about anything in their quarantine at 5:01 PM. Additionally, there is another use case in which sales, customer service, or upper management are 'on-call' until they go to sleep. So these people should receive quarantine reports up until a 'reasonable hour,' say 10:00 PM, and then stop receiving them until 'early morning,' say 5:00 AM.

That being said, it should be easy to extend the mailwatch database to include a 'schedule' field that should match up with a 'cron-like' table for schedules and have the quarantine report query this table to determine which schedule a particular user is paired with.

The interface to configure this would be a little tougher, but this would be a nice feature to have...