Store non-greylisted emails

Request and discuss new features you would like to have.
Justin

Store non-greylisted emails

Post by Justin »

Hi There,

I have a some people who are not receiving there emails since the domain which is sending it is "new"
I wanted to release this email so they can receive it and whitelist the domain, but sadly enough the emails is deleted immidiatly.

Can you please make a feature to store those emails, up to a specified limit so it does not overflow.
IF i get a call now i can't release it and i have to tell them they should let the company resend it again.
shawniverson

Re: Store non-greylisted emails

Post by shawniverson »

Greylisting by definition blocks the initial attempt to send an email until the domain clears greylisting. Furthermore, it happens before mail reaches MailScanner, so there is no opportunity to store them.

It is up to the sending server to resend the email. A properly set up sender will try to resend the email after a specified period.

Your option is to disable greylisting if it is interfering with your ability to receive mail.
Justin

Re: Store non-greylisted emails

Post by Justin »

shawniverson wrote:Greylisting by definition blocks the initial attempt to send an email until the domain clears greylisting. Furthermore, it happens before mail reaches MailScanner, so there is no opportunity to store them.

It is up to the sending server to resend the email. A properly set up sender will try to resend the email after a specified period.

Your option is to disable greylisting if it is interfering with your ability to receive mail.
I have 2 EFA servers, which have a load of 10 and 100 in our Nameserver.
Emails are not always greylisted correctly, because they have passed the 5 minute greylisting mark.

Is there a possibility to extend the temp greylisting period?
Or, even nicer, disable it per domain?