EFA blocking some messages over 7MB

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
baldgeek

EFA blocking some messages over 7MB

Post by baldgeek »

I have an installation of this that is blocking emails with attachments over 7MB with the error message, "Site XXXXX.com (Outside IP) said after data sent: 552 5.3.4 Error: message file too big"

As a test, I removed EFA from the loop so that messages go right to the Exchange server, which has a 20MB limit and all went through just fine. Messages too large don't even appear in the "Last 50 Messages" page.

The odd bit here is that the message that started it all was an email with a 7.7MB pdf and a small xls file. The total for the two files was 7.73MB. I compressed the two, bringing it to 6.51MB. It arrived and showed up on the last 50 page.

I changed MailScanner.conf such that "max spam check size" is 20MB, then rebooted EFA, but that doesn't seem to take care of it. Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks,
Mark
baldgeek

Re: EFA blocking some messages over 7MB

Post by baldgeek »

I had run this same 3.0.0.5 version myself briefly and as a test, turned it back on, sent the message in question to myself from Gmail and got the same message. Something in EFA definitely seems to be blocking emails above about 7MB.

Mark
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Postfix max message size is probably your culprit. This will increase it to 20mb...

Code: Select all

sudo postconf -e message_size_limit=20480000

Code: Select all

sudo service postfix reload
baldgeek

Post by baldgeek »

Yes sir, that did it! Thanks a million for sorting me out. Much appreciated!!!

Mark