Ham being marked as spam

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
dbator

Ham being marked as spam

Post by dbator »

I have a certain domain that I have whitelisted from SQLGrey, whitelisted from SpamAssassin in spam.whitelist.rules, and have whitelisted the domain as to not get caught in in any RBL checks in recipient_access.

Not all, but some, maybe 2% of emails, still somehow get scanned by SpamAssassin and will get marked as spam. When viewing the email information in MailWatch, usually a main contributor to it high spam point value is a KAM_value. Sometimes it is KAM_INSURANCE, sometimes it's KAM_ECARD, and the point values are really high, like 3.5.

First why are messages from this domain getting checked in the first place, and second, how can I go about not using the KAM.cf rule set anymore? They are creating way too many false positives.

Thanks.
shawniverson

Re: Ham being marked as spam

Post by shawniverson »

Why not just disable the offending rules using local.cf instead of the entire KAM.cf? You can add the rule to local.cf and set the score to 0.
shawniverson

Re: Ham being marked as spam

Post by shawniverson »

As for the messages slipping through, I can't really say why without looking at a mail header, spam report, and your relevant configuration...