Add domain user ?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
sfsolutions

Add domain user ?

Post by sfsolutions »

Hi,

how is it possible to add a user that only sees one domain like it was in ESVA ?

many thanks for clarification.

Best wishes

Niels
colin

Re: Add domain user ?

Post by colin »

If you create a user with the username fred@mydomain.com with "user" access then they will only see their own messages. If you give them "domain administrator" access then they will see all messages for that domain. And if you give them "administrator" access then they will see all messages.
ramtech

Post by ramtech »

I have a user I need to setup that I only want to be able to see inbound mail for a few domains. If i set them as a domain administrator, they see all mail (in and out) for their domain. If I set a filter for the other domain I can see the in and out for those domain also. The filter format I am using is just "domain.name".
How can I filter this account to see inbound mail only?
colin

Post by colin »

I don't think this is possible. Personally I only use EFA for inbound email. All my outbound mail is sent directly from my Exchange server to it's external smart host.
ramtech

Post by ramtech »

colin wrote:I don't think this is possible. Personally I only use EFA for inbound email. All my outbound mail is sent directly from my Exchange server to it's external smart host.
Thanks Colin. I do the same, but with the current setup, if the user's domain (or filtered domain) sends to another domain on the EFA box they can see that also. Not the end of the world but would be nice if it was possible.