Delivering the full virus message

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
drewmorris

Delivering the full virus message

Post by drewmorris »

Is it possible to get EFA to deliver the full virus message along with a header that just marks it like "x-virus: infected" so that I can perform the quarantining process later in the delivery cycle?
shawniverson

Re: Delivering the full virus message

Post by shawniverson »

I'm not immediately seeing anything in MailScanner.conf or clamd.conf that can do this...it appears this may be hard coded into MailScanner to remove the infections.
drewmorris

Re: Delivering the full virus message

Post by drewmorris »

After a lot of playing around I determined that it would be easier to write a cron job to call a script that would just POST the message files to a central REST API so I could control the entire thing at a central location. The server side script is dead simple since it just recieves a file and the date and the "code" and saves it to a centralized file storage where I can build a simple web UI for retrieving quarantine messages (or use any existing web app for this). If necessary I could also manually deliver the message but I think the REST API approach will work well for my needs.

If anyone reading this post in the future is interested in the script please contact me.