Unable to create scheduled backup

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
dbator

Unable to create scheduled backup

Post by dbator »

I tried to create a scheduled backup through Webmin, and I wanted to select the backup destination as a local file. So when I click the '...' box, I get a popup with an error in it:
Directory of /
HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.700 Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:51:17 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1 Connection: close
Error - Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &main::quote_javascript called at /usr/libexec/webmin/chooser.cgi line 192.
I thought it would bring my to some kind of file browser so I select a local drive to save it to :?:
dbator

Re: Unable to create scheduled backup

Post by dbator »

Does anyone have any thoughts? This still isn't working for me :(
dbator

Post by dbator »

After viewing the chooser.cgi file it was referencing, I showed number lines in vi, and found this section around line 192 that it references.

Code: Select all

187                 if ($f eq "..") {
    188                         $dir =~ /^(.*\/)[^\/]+\/$/;
    189                         $link = "<a href=\"\" onClick='parentdir(\"".&quote_javascript($1)."\"); return false'>";
    190                         }
    191                 else {
    192                         $link = "<a href=\"\" onClick='fileclick(\"".&quote_javascript("$dir$f")."\", $isdir); return false'>";
    193                         }
I'll be the first one to say I am a novice when it comes to coding, so I don't know what to look for in line 192.

EDIT: I can invoke this error also by going to Webmin > System > Filesystem Backup, and then clicking on the browse box in here. The error references the same choser.cgi file
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Does updating Webmin help with this issue?
dbator

Post by dbator »

I am on the most current Webmin version, 1.700

Also I tried Firefox and IE, and received the same errors in both browsers
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Where in Webmin do you try to create a backup?

Under system -> Filesystem backup ?
Version eFa 4.x now available!
dbator

Post by dbator »

I've noticed two places in Webmin where I've tried to make a local backup, and I get the aforementioned error:

System > Filesystem Backup

and

Webmin > Backup Configuration Files - trying the Local file option
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Did you do some customization to E.F.A. ? (as you are running version 1.7.00 for Webmin I guess that you did something different as it should be 1.660)

Also what image are you running, Hyper-V or the VMware image (and updated from 3.0.0.1 or plane 3.0.0.5 image?) or build from source?
I tried on a number of systems but all seems to work correctly on any of my hosts.

Note that the Webmin > Backup Configuration Files - is useless as it only backup's webmin config's and not any system file's.
dbator

Post by dbator »

The only customization I did, was when I logged into Webmin for the first time, it prompted me that I was running an older version of Webmin (1.660) and an update is available (1.700), so I ran the update, and that seemed to work fine. I did not try using the backup option before upgrade Webmin versions.

I am running the VMware image, loaded new from the 3.0.0.5 image.
dbator

Post by dbator »

So I'm not sure what changed between versions, but an upgrade for Webmin was available today to upgrade from 1.700 to 1.710. So I went ahead and upgraded. Once the upgrade was done, I went into System > Filesystem Backup > And click on the [...] button, and am able to select directories now.

Problem solved :dance:
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Good :-)

I had it replicated on a test machine but didn't had a fix for it yet (no time to search... :P)

Probably a bug in 1.700.