XML-RPC working?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
micoots

XML-RPC working?

Post by micoots »

Hi,

I've gone through the process of building 3 EFA servers. All worked fine.

I've been able to get them recognising each other ie. see DB's etc.

I'd like to use the XML-RPC facility so that when I go to the message detail screen, the quarantined email link is displayed at the bottom of the browser from the "other" servers.

All I get currently is:

XML-RPC Error: Invalid return payload: enable debugging to examine incoming payload (XML error at line 1, check URL)

I've got quite some MailWatch experience (14 years running it) in a clustered environment, but being the older version with the 1.x series xml-rpc (which works) I thought I'd try EFA and ask here in the forums if someone already has this working.

Have the developers tested the XML-RPC functionality to see if it works?

I did try the latest phpxmlrpc from sourceforge (v2.2.2) but with little success.

Please advise if you have any experience with this. Thanks.
shawniverson

Re: XML-RPC working?

Post by shawniverson »

I have not tested XML-RPC but would love to.

Can you provide details on how you have clustered your EFA servers? I will be more than happy to set up in my environment and see if I can get it going for you....
micoots

Post by micoots »

Hi. You can setup a basic environment with MySQL Multi-Master replication, easiest is to build 2 EFA servers and configure them in multi-master, then which ever server gets database updates, the other server will replicate those updates. There's plenty of easy to follow on-line guides for how to do this which will get you a Multi-Master setup in a few minutes of work.

The XML RPC provided with EFA doesn't seem to be working. For everything I'd read about it, v2.2.2 seems to be required for PHP 5 compatibility.

But to use v2.2.2, there's this post which talks about patching v2.2.2 for MailWatch:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mailwatch/mail ... /25828467/

But that patch seems to be related to the older MailWatch version as trying to apply it to current EFA 3.0.0.4 I get:

# patch -p1 -i mailwatch_xmlrpc_222.patch
patch: **** malformed patch at line 8: xmlrpc_client(constant('RPC_RELATIVE_PATH').'/rpcserver.php',$row->hostname,80);

It would be straight forward to go through the patch line by line, see what mods it makes to functions.php, rpcserver.php, viewmail.php, viewpart.php, find and replicate those stanzas for the same files in EFA's MailWatch, then test.

As I'm only testing EFA currently there's no pressing need for me to spend time getting this part working, which is why I thought I'd ask in the forums first to see if anyone had it tested with the current XML RPC included with EFA.

Although unlikely, if I do end up spending time on this and getting it working, I'll post my patch here for others.

Many thanks.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Excellent, thanks for the info. I will see what I can do to help.
mcit

Post by mcit »

Has there been any progress on this?

I am looking to do a similar thing, except in my environment, I would like to place 2 E.F.A servers at seperate sites linked via VPN [10Mbit]

Matthew
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

https://github.com/mailwatch/1.2.0/issues/90

RPC issue is currently being addressed by Mailwatch devs...