EFA to SBS 2008 not forwarding

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
mintra

EFA to SBS 2008 not forwarding

Post by mintra »

Hi

I was very pleased :D to see EFA appear and am thankful for the work, as I used to put ESVA as a solution. I set it up and it works a dream on my internal LAN to a Zimbra server. However I thought I would implement it at a clients site he has SBS 2008.

Mail comes into EFA and the queues become empty but the SBS server does not get the mail.

I reinstalled efa and tried a few things.

First the internal server is servername.msdomain.local so I set efa up to use the Windows server as a DNS server and the mail transport to send to servername.msdomain.local.

This did not work but I found (Through webmin) that even if I put the internal server as the primary DNS in efa setup it does not resolve, so I have tried putting the internal IP adress of the server as the destination. Still same mail does not forward.

Can I use the IP address, if not I suppose as EFA seems to be using the internal DNS server I can set up msdomain.local in BIND and try that.
shawniverson

Re: EFA to SBS 2008 not forwarding

Post by shawniverson »

Yep, you can use an IP address for the server.
colin

Post by colin »

Did you configure a receive connector in Exchange to allow it to receive from the IP address of your EFA server?
mintra

Post by mintra »

That will be the problem, I will set up the connector thanks very much.