Change Frequency of Quarantine Reports to End Users

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
Socal_Steve

Change Frequency of Quarantine Reports to End Users

Post by Socal_Steve »

Hello All - I'm new to EFA and have been a Barracuda guy for the last 7+ years. Let me start off by saying thank you to all the hard work that has gone into EFA and the good people on this forum. The Barracuda just is not cutting it anymore and out of the box EFA is kicking it's butt.

The question i'm trying to figure out is how to schedule a daily email to the end users that contains a list of messages blocked with options to release them if they were quarantined (similar to barracuda). I see that in /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_report.php this is already setup. I can't seem to find a cron job that references this file so i can trigger it. I have changed the frequency of the quarantine report from the default 7 days to 1 in the /var/www/html/mailscanner/conf.php. What am i totally missing here? THANKS
shawniverson

Re: Change Frequency of Quarantine Reports to End Users

Post by shawniverson »

Bump it up to 2 days. 1 day you won't get anything because the reports go out at around 3am. 1 day is interpreted from midnight - 3am...I had mine set at 1 day and was scratching my head for a few until I realized this.

Cron job is in /etc/cron.daily
Socal_Steve

Post by Socal_Steve »

thanks will give this a try.
Socal_Steve

Post by Socal_Steve »

Tried this and then ran the cron manually and still no mail?? i'll check the mail logs later. thanks
colin

Post by colin »

This is all a bit strange. My installation was set to send quarantine reports for the previous day only by default and worked out of the box. Providing that the user is set up to receive reports and has the correct filters in place, I don't see why it isn't working.

You can fire off the reports manualy from a ssh session by using "sudo /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_report.php" and the output will show you who it is compiling reports for.
sharktech

Post by sharktech »

Morning all

Can there not be the option as with ESVA where it sent the alert email at the time of blocking? this means that the users wont have to either login or wait for the report.

Thanks
Socal_Steve

Post by Socal_Steve »

colin wrote:This is all a bit strange. My installation was set to send quarantine reports for the previous day only by default and worked out of the box. Providing that the user is set up to receive reports and has the correct filters in place, I don't see why it isn't working.

You can fire off the reports manual from a ssh session by using "sudo /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_report.php" and the output will show you who it is compiling reports for.
Tried this and got nothing in return..
[root@sift admin]# sudo /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_report.php
[root@sift admin]#

it just paused for a second and then returned to a command prompt. I must be really missing something here.

Should i have to specify certain users to receive quarantine reports?

Thanks
colin

Post by colin »

Yes, you need to go to tools/links then User Management and edit a user, then check the box to Send Daily Report and add in the recipient.
Socal_Steve

Post by Socal_Steve »

colin wrote:Yes, you need to go to tools/links then User Management and edit a user, then check the box to Send Daily Report and add in the recipient.
Thank you so much. sometimes it's the simplest things. Coming from a barracuda background this is very foreign having to create users to receive the quarantine reports. Is there an easy way to enable quarantine reports across the board for all good emails in a domain by default? Also is there a good guide to modifying the quarantine report to only show email that were blocked and not all email? We are using this for many domains as a relay so having to create hundreds of users in not going to be that fun. :(

Thanks so much - sorry for the newb questions.
cdburgess75

Post by cdburgess75 »

Is it possible to send around 7am?