How to prevent EFA to change the "mail from" address when deliver quarantined messages

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
andregrehs

How to prevent EFA to change the "mail from" address when deliver quarantined messages

Post by andregrehs »

Hi!

When i choose to deliver quarantined messages to final recipient, the EFA change the original mail from address to no-reply@antispam.example.com, and deliver the original message attached at the e-mail.

How i prevent this?

I want that the EFA, when the admin choose to deliver the quarantined message, deliver the message to recipent as original, without change the mail from address.

MailWatch Version: 1.2.16
Operating System Version: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
Postfix Version: 3.5.9
MailScanner Version: 5.4.1
ClamAV Version: 0.103.3
SpamAssassin Version: 3.4.6
PHP Version: 7.4.21
MySQL Version: 10.2.30-MariaDB
GeoIP Database Version: No database downloaded
Mail2GoCa

Re: How to prevent EFA to change the "mail from" address when deliver quarantined messages

Post by Mail2GoCa »

Edit /var/www/html/mailscanner/conf.php and look for the below code and make sure that "QUARANTINE_USE_SENDMAIL" is set to true.

Code: Select all

// Set QUARANTINE_USE_SENDMAIL to true to send released email as original email using sendmail,
// false to send it as an attachment to a release message.
define('QUARANTINE_USE_SENDMAIL', true);
define('QUARANTINE_SENDMAIL_PATH', '/usr/sbin/sendmail');
/* End Quarantine settings */
andregrehs

Re: How to prevent EFA to change the "mail from" address when deliver quarantined messages

Post by andregrehs »

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help. Success on your journey, friend. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Aryfir

Post by Aryfir »

Login to this forum just to say THANK YOU Mail2GoCa.....Didn't know that the config is in web folder

Regards,
Ary Firman