Install Hypervisor agents after setup

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
rscho

Install Hypervisor agents after setup

Post by rscho »

Hi All,

During the initial installation I installed eFa4 without Hypervisor agents (option 19). I'm running on a Xenserver hypervisor with drivers installed so assumed I wouldn't need the agents because they were already installed.

However now that eFa4 is configured and running it's performance is poor. The email load is insignificant - a few emails an hour at most, but almost all operations from the console take a long time and the web console regularly times out. I've allocated four virtual cores and 10 GB RAM.

I've checked the initial configuration script but can't the commands used to install the agents.
Can they be installed now that everything has been configured and if so what are the actual commands to use?

I don't want to have to re-install everything so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rudi
shawniverson

Re: Install Hypervisor agents after setup

Post by shawniverson »

CentOS 7 or CentOS 8?
rscho

Post by rscho »

Hi Shawniverson,

It's a new install on CentOS 7

Regards,
Rscho
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

So, the hypervisor agents that are available are for Hyper-V, QEMU, and VMware. I think you will need to install the guest agent that Xenserver uses like you normally would for any vm in that environment.