new install, empty bayes - training

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
mattch

new install, empty bayes - training

Post by mattch »

hopefully im allowed to post about this, i just stumble on a cool website that offers spam archives to download and train SA with. i dont know the quality of spam messages it has but for a new install it should be better than nothing, right?

Besides a starter database you can download (to replace a new empty existing one) they also have a daily update archive you can use to update it daily with a neat script to download the daily archive of spam then feeds it to sa-learn.

http://artinvoice.hu/spams/

An important note on the website, i didnt know this
Important! To achieve the best results, train your filter regularly with ham (useful) emails as well! Ham and spam count should be nearly equal, but on a working system that will not be a problem. We cannot provide a ham collection because those are valid and good emails. If you run a mail server, you will have enough ham samples for training.
henk

Re: new install, empty bayes - training

Post by henk »

You can backup and restore the Bayes db from your 'old' efa server to your new installed server.

backup bayes

Code: Select all

sa-learn --backup > backup.txt
Clear and restore bayes backup

Code: Select all

sa-learn --clear
sa-learn --restore backup.txt
It makes little sense to me to use spam archives.
Just take some time to train Bayes. If you really want spam to train Bayes, create email addresses for wife and kids. :shifty:
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
mattch

Re: new install, empty bayes - training

Post by mattch »

henk wrote: 17 Feb 2019 23:55 It makes little sense to me to use spam archives.
Just take some time to train Bayes. If you really want spam to train Bayes, create email addresses for wife and kids. :shifty:
:lol:
Good to know! that sounds much easier.