About user whitelisting

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
nicola.piazzi

About user whitelisting

Post by nicola.piazzi »

I wrote a little piece of code that enable users to whitelist senders
I put it into signature with a link to the message id, so, if user press it, sender can be whitelisted
This is link example :
http://efa42.gruppocomet.it/cgi-bin/com ... 75ED.A1BAF
comet.whitelist.cgi get id and query mailscanner database to retrieve sender info and append record like this into a cf file :
def_whitelist_from_rcvd user@userdomain.com userrelay.com
whitelist_from_spf user@userdomain.com
whitelist_from_dkim user@userdomain.com

I have a question and need a suggestion,
I want to enable also all sender domain with this and test in a combined rule if is a freemail
So i can give whitelist score to *.mypartner.com and no score to *.google.com that is FREEMAIL_FROM

But doing so i remove whitelist score also to user@gmail.com and i am unable to whitelist single email addresses from freemail

Another way it that user whitelist into a separate file and a script use it to create effective cf files, 4 example :

user file :
aaa@partner.com
aaa@gmail.com

Programm pass and write a .cf like this :
whitelist_from_spf *@partner.com
whitelist_from_spf aaa@gmail.com

If domain is a freemail it put lines with full email address and if is not freemail it put all domain !

Is thare a way with a perl script or sh to query if domain is freemail ?
henk

Re: About user whitelisting

Post by henk »

I wrote a little piece of code that enable users to whitelist senders, .. enable also all sender domain
Somehow you trust your users :shifty:
Besides the discussion why, they will always blame you when bad mail is whitelisted.
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams