Emails not relaying to Smart host

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
sunnyg

Emails not relaying to Smart host

Post by sunnyg »

Hi,

I am setting up EFA, and running in to a issue that I cannot seem to figure out why this is ooccurring..

I am using EFA as a Man-in-the middle solution and is configured as below:

Exchange Server (ex2016) connects to EFA for sending emails, EFA then connects to turbo-smtp as a smart host (ISP blocks port 25).
mail flows like this
user sends email --> ex2016 -smart host connection -> EFA - smart host connection -> turnbo-smtp --> internet

The users email gets successfully submitted to mailscanner, and I can see it in the queue, however it never seems to send it onto turbo-smtp.

However and this is the interesting part, if I reboot the EFA host, all all pending emails in the EFA queue get sent, but then any new emails being sent are queued up again.

if I connect to Webmin and send a test email from here it is sent with out delay?

Am I correct in that mailscanner passes the emai to postfix to pass onto turbo-smtp?

EFA is at version 3.0.2.6, I am not sure if this is bug or something that I am missing in my configuration.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated, I am fairly new and most of my configuration is from what I found on the internet, however the smart host connection in postfix was provided to me by turbo-smtp ,so I am pretty certain that they have given me correct steps.

I am also not sure on which logs I should look at...