Domain POP

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
enriluis

Domain POP

Post by enriluis »

Hello All.
Before sorry abaut my english.
I have workinf EFA in my DMZ network. because security reason we need close 25 port from dmx network ti my internal network, so the cuestion is how i can make domain pop server on the EFA appliance them on my internal mail server by fetchmail collect all mail, whats additional software i neet on EFA appliance to host user mail box? EFA showd be have thats option on the initial config.
regards
henk

Re: Domain POP

Post by henk »

Hi enrilus,

As I understand your question, you could setup dovecot with protocols = pop3 on EFA and then use fetchmail to pull all the mail from the local EFA users to the mailserver.
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
budy

Re: Domain POP

Post by budy »

Ehh what? If you run eFa as your MX, than eFa needs to connect to your final mail server, where all your mail accounts are set up on. As I understand eFa is already on your DMZ and you don't allow any external host to connect to your internal mail server. Now, what is the issue to configure your firewall to allow eFa to connect to your internal mail server on Port 25 to deliver the mails, it has processed - your eFa has to be secured anyway and somehow it has to deliver the messages.

Maybe you can use some other port to have eFa connect to your internal mail server, but the protocol would still be smtp.