Exchange Server 2016 replay to EFA for out going Emails

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
sunnyg

Exchange Server 2016 replay to EFA for out going Emails

Post by sunnyg »

Hi,

I am new to EFA and have version 3.0.2.6 installed, and and trying to set it up in our development system.

We currently have EFA working as a SPAM filter for incoming emails, however we would also like to configure it so that outbound emails from our exchange server are passed to EFA before being sent to our smart-host.

I have managed to get postfix to connect and send emails from it to the outside world, but I cannot seem to be able to get our Exchange Server to pass any outgoing to emails to EFA for sending externally.

I looked at this post viewtopic.php?t=2527

however when i run the testsaslauthd command i get 0: NO "authentication failed" as a result.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you
Sunny
jamerson

Re: Exchange Server 2016 replay to EFA for out going Emails

Post by jamerson »

We have the same configuration up and running
on the your Exchange you need to configure it to send using smarthost, the smarthost is going to be your EFA IP/FQDN.
note: please make sure your Exchange IP is on the EFA whitelist configured.
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!
sunnyg

Post by sunnyg »

Hi Jamerson,

Thank you for the update, the mail server hadn't been added to the whitelist, however emails are now being rejected with the following error in ECP:

The last attempt to send the message was at 3/18/2018 12:58:46 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) and generated the error '[{LED=450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, [10.100.1.3]};{MSG=};{FQDN=};{IP=};{LRT=}]'.

10.100.1.3 is the IP address of the exchange server.

regards

Sunny
budy

Post by budy »

Why doesn't the IP of your Exchange host resolve to your Exchange's DNS name? You should have that anyway on your local network.
fencepost

Post by fencepost »

If EFA is doing its own DNS resolution out to the world then it's not going to pick up internal addresses.

The simplest quick fix is to add the local Exchange server to the hosts file.