Block by from email domain

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
rickriv90210

Block by from email domain

Post by rickriv90210 »

How do I block by using the email domain it was sent from? I have tried using the blacklist settings and using from "@domain" and to "default", but that does not always block by from email address. Also, when I click "add to blacklist" within message details, it specifies a different sender address and not the displayed from email address so that doesn't accomplish it either.

All I want to do is prevent all messages from a specific domain getting through based on the from email address domain. Thanks.
Zwabber

Re: Block by from email domain

Post by Zwabber »

edit /etc/postfix/header_checks and insert;
/^From:.*\@maildomain.com/ DISCARD
rickriv90210

Post by rickriv90210 »

Thanks. When a message is blocked that way, will it still show up as blocked in the message list? I'd like to visually see all messages that were blocked, also so the stats will be correct.
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

No because it's blocked (just as you asked :roll: )
If stats are so important, just create rules to forward spammy mail domains to a specified mail address
rickriv90210

Post by rickriv90210 »

OK, makes sense. How can I request a new feature for the ability to block by from email domain? This is a pretty basic expectation of SPAM protection and should be part of the base feature set for EFA in my opinion, meaning it shouldn't need to be handled in a clunky way via shell commands outside of EFA. This is the literally the only issue I have with EFA, everything else is great and for a free product, I'm quite thankful.
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

Have a look at this topic rickriv90210, maybe it is browser related;
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2776&p=10974&hilit ... ain#p10974
AITCS

Post by AITCS »

rickriv90210 wrote: 16 Feb 2018 16:32How can I request a new feature for the ability to block by from email domain?
I've just run into the situation where I'd like to implement this feature also (via sender_access, not blacklists).
I have a feeling I once configured something similar in the past, but having a mental block right now.