Opt out receiving domain?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
SilkBC

Opt out receiving domain?

Post by SilkBC »

Is it possible to opt a receiving domain (or e-mail address) out from spam filtering? Alternatively, is it possible to increase the spam score for a specific receiving domain (or e-mail address) from the global default?

For example, if i have e-mails for 'domain.tld' coming into the system, is there a way to tell the system to not do spam scanning for that domain (or at least specific e-mail addresses)?

For the second example, we have the global score set to 5 (i.e., any e-mail scoring 5 or higher is tagged as spam). Without changing the global default, can this "minimum spam score" be increased on a per-domain or per-email-address basis?

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks! :-)
pdwalker

Re: Opt out receiving domain?

Post by pdwalker »

For your first question, add the domain or address to the whitelist.

For your second question, not exactly. But what you could do is add a spamassassin rule to adjust the spam score. So mailbfrom domain.tld could be set to -2.0 to effectively change your spam score for that domain from 5 to 7
SilkBC

Post by SilkBC »

They are both sort of the same question :-)

Regarding your first answer, if I add a domain for which we receive (host) the e-mail for to the whitelist, that allows e-mail that comes in for it to bypass the scanning? I thought the whitelist was for domains or e-mail addresses that were "external".

For the second answer, I would just add this to the " local" SpamAssassin config/file, correct? So anything coming in for the domain we host I can add that score to and it will effectively increase the "identified as spam" score for anything coming in for it?
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

For the first, I believe that is the case. I'll test it.

For the second, that is correct. Set your rule correctly and spamassassin will do the rest.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Yes, correct. Set the from email or domain and it works for anything, incoming or outgoing.