Send Email with Zimbra To Efa

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
amanfredini

Send Email with Zimbra To Efa

Post by amanfredini »

Hi,
can i send email with zimbra through Efa?
When I Try, the error in efa are .. Client Host Rejected, cannot find your reverse hostname (192.168.1.45) from mymail@domain.it to mymail2@gmail.com
budy

Re: Send Email with Zimbra To Efa

Post by budy »

This error isn't related to Zimbra in any way, but to the fact, that the efa wants to reverse lookup the IP of your Zimbra MTA. You seem to run on an internal network without a proper DNS setup - well at least from efa's perspective.

You can configure postfix to not perform this lookup, or you can setup a fully internal DNS to statisfy efa.
amanfredini

Post by amanfredini »

How can I setup postfix for not perform lookup?
budy

Post by budy »

Login to Mailscanner and chose the WebMin link from the "Tools and Links" menu. Then chose Servers -> Postfix Mail Server -> "General Options". Find the "Local networks" setting and add the IP of your Zimbra 192.168.1.45/32 into the input field and hit "Save and Apply". Then bounce postfix by hitting "Reload Configuration" on the Webmin page.
amanfredini

Post by amanfredini »

I have done this configuration but the error still present. Rcpt from unknown (192.168.1.45) client hodt rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname (192.168.1.45)
budy

Post by budy »

Well… as some kind of a last ressort, you could install dnsmasq on your eFa box and setup it's host file to contain your Zimbra's internal hostname and IP.
Then you'd insert an entry for your local dnsmasq service into the eFa's resolv.conf to have it check it's internal dns resolver before reaching out to any other.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

You can try simply adding an entry to /etc/hosts.
budy

Post by budy »

I actually don't know, if this will work for reverse lookups, but it he will have to add this entry to /etc/hosts anyway.
Richard Shaffer

Post by Richard Shaffer »

You know data convertion from one platform to another seemed a drudgery for me until I found a program to import eml to outlook read more. I thought I had a nasty and long task ahead of me, (3000 e-mails individually saved as .eml), but this simple tool did the job quite well! No complications, no fuss; Just open outlook, run the application and you’re done. Hope this utility will be helpful for you too!
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Richard, if you are going to spam forums with a shill for your product, the very least you could do is be honest about it and tell everyone that you're recommending a commercial program.