MCP whitelist

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
sbergami

MCP whitelist

Post by sbergami »

Hello,
I like to know if there is a way to allow some emails that are normally blocked by the MCP filter.
We recive so many newsletters that no one has requested, so I've created some rules in the MCP filter that block emails that contain text like "If you can not read this message click here" and so on. But now some users would like to receive some of these emails, I tried inserting them into the mailscanner whitelist but did not need to avoid the MCP filter, and emails are still blocked. In some posts I read that there should be a whitelist MCP, but in my configuration I did not find it. Can anyone tell me how implement it?
Thank you
pdwalker

Re: MCP whitelist

Post by pdwalker »

As far as I understand it, any rule hit with MCP causes the message to be immediately quarantined.

So, what you really want to do is to use Spamassassin instead. For those spammy newsletters, you create a rule in your local.cf that boosts the spam score of that message, hopefully enough to stop efa from delivering it.

Then you can use the normal whitelisting to let the desired newsletters pass through the system and be delivered.
sbergami

Re: MCP whitelist

Post by sbergami »

Hello,
sorry for long delay, I finally configured spamassassin instead of MCP in this way it works.
Thanks for your help! :)