Gmail blocked

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
BliXem

Gmail blocked

Post by BliXem »

Hello,

I'm using these RBL's:

reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org, reject_rbl_client reputation-ns.rbl.scrolloutf1.com, reject_rbl_client reputation-ip.rbl.scrolloutf1.com

but gmail is blocked:

Aug 4 17:00:07 mailscanner postfix/smtpd[8300]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-lf0-f46.google.com[209.85.215.46]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.85.215.46] blocked using reputation-ip.rbl.scrolloutf1.com; The ip address 209.85.215.46 is listed in reputation-ip.rbl.scrolloutf1.com. Reputation: 70.; from=< to=<info@.nl> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-lf0-f46.google.com>

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage
There are some blacklists that blocking this IP.

Is there a way to whitelist an IP address so it won't be blocked?
pdwalker

Re: Gmail blocked

Post by pdwalker »

In this case, I wouldn't worry about it too much because Google is a major mail provider and will correct the blacklist problem fairly quickly. Also, they'll have many IP's for sending mail.

However, if you want to whitelist, I am not sure you can. The problem is that those RBL checks are being done at the SMTP level. The client connects, postfix does a check and rejects based on that. EFA and MailScanner have no chance to allow it.

You can do it by disabling the postfix RBL checks, and then apply the RBL checks inside your local EFA instance with spamassassin to up the potential spam score of those spammy mail delivering hosts.