Multiple Domains, Mailservers, different user verification, Cluster

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
derdanilo

Multiple Domains, Mailservers, different user verification, Cluster

Post by derdanilo »

We need to setup two anti-spam/anti-virus mail filter solutions soon. Right now we checked Mailcleaner and EFA. Some things are still unclear for EFA to go into full evaluation. I checked the forum and could not find answers to the following questions:

I know how to setup the transport maps to tell the system where to send mails for each domain.
  1. But how does one configure the user verification if these reside on many different servers for each domain?
  2. Can the system build user lists based on once verified users?
  3. Does verification work via SMTP, so no local user map? --> EFA asks the mailserver via SMTP if a user exists before it accepts an email.
  4. Can EFA work as cluster? - Two MX Servers having the same config for failover/loadbalancing.
Thanks in advance!
pdwalker

Re: Multiple Domains, Mailservers, different user verification, Cluster

Post by pdwalker »

#4 - not yet

1-3, I don't know the answer to.
thewomble

Re: Multiple Domains, Mailservers, different user verification, Cluster

Post by thewomble »

RavioliKing

If I am reading you correct you want to create a list of valid recipients email addresses and reject unknown ones, and these list will come from multiple servers, is this multiple AD's?

I have two different AD domains, I extract all valid emails addresses from the two AD, merge the files. EFA pulls this file down shortly after it is generated, formats it postfix wants and reload postfix. This way I do not store any AD LDAP username/password on the EFA server, and only port 443 needs to be open to the internal server. Simply, nice and secure, and works.