Unable to smart host through EFA

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
dreniarb

Unable to smart host through EFA

Post by dreniarb »

I use EFA in front of Mail Enable for filtering spam. I'd like to route all outgoing email through EFA so it can train itself on good email. I've got ME set to smart host to EFA but when I send email EFA returns this error:

RCPT TO:<fakeaddress@marionutilities.com> 450 4.1.1 <fakeaddress@marionutilities.com>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: connect to smtp.marionutilities.com[24.123.208.162]:25: Connection timed out

It's not really a fakeaddress i'm sending to. That's just to keep the real email off this post.

Anyways it seems that EFA is first trying to check with smtp.marionutilities.com to make sure that fakeaddress@marionutilities.com exists but it's unable to make a connection. It does this with any test email i send out.

I've triple checked the firewall on the router and it is not set to do any blocking of outgoing port 25. ME is able to send email just fine when the smart host setting isn't in there. But for some reason EFA seems unable to send out email. Is there anything i should look at or any test I can do from the console? Is telnet available on the EFA console?

Thanks
shawniverson

Re: Unable to smart host through EFA

Post by shawniverson »

That's a connection timeout. Yes, you have telnet available on the console. Can you connect using it to port 25 to the remote host?
dreniarb

Post by dreniarb »

I must have missed the notification email that you replied to this message. I need to pay closer attention.

I tried the telnet command from the console but it errors out with:

-bash: telnet: command not found

I even tried /usr/bin/telnet but with no luck.

Is it hiding somewhere else?
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

My bad, you might need to grab it:

Code: Select all

sudo yum install telnet