Help - RDNS_NONE

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
dturbo

Help - RDNS_NONE

Post by dturbo »

Hi folks,

Having a slight problem. When I setup EFA I added a configuration to stop every mail being marked rdns_none. Basically all our mail is handed over to us from one fixed internal server, however this server fails reverse lookup checks etc.

To get round this, I added the delivering server as a trusted network and internal network. This worked fine. For some reason, all of a sudden I am getting rdns_none against every mail again. I am trying to understand this.

Does rdns_none only relate to the final server - ie the one which hands the mail to EFA, or can it be caused by others further up the chain? I notice that the server at our ISP where the upstream server from my EFA (the one in my trusted/internal network) is failing rdns too - could this be it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
shawniverson

Re: Help - RDNS_NONE

Post by shawniverson »

Dunno, do you have more details (spam report, mail logs)?
rooter_c

Re: Help - RDNS_NONE

Post by rooter_c »

For me, it seems. :? RDNS_NONE was firing because my internal Exchange server (2013) has both ipv4 and ipv6 enabled. (It gets upset if you turn it off)
I have added the ipv6 Address to trusted_networks in my local.cf and now ALL_TRUSTED is firing 8-)