Tag clean emails (backup server)

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
northwindit

Tag clean emails (backup server)

Post by northwindit »

Good day all,

I have two zimbra email servers, one on location, and one remote. Both also have EFA project running as well to filter emails.

Basic concept is if the primary location goes down, our secondary MX records will kick in and email will still get delivered and filtered through the off-site location. What i would like to see if it is possible is, can EFA-Project, or mailscanner Tag clean emails?

Basically the purpose is so lets say the power or internet goes out at the primary office, when an email gets delivered and held in queue on the backup server, i want the subject line to be tagged "MX2" that way I know, and our employees know that the email came through the backup server.

Zimbra is set up as a split domain, and is only acting as a catchall which then forwards the emails to the primary server once it is back online, so I am thinking this tagging has to occur at the EFA or mailscanner side of things.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
pdwalker

Re: Tag clean emails (backup server)

Post by pdwalker »

I'm curious, why do your users care where the mail came from? Why do you need to inform them by modifying the subject?
northwindit

Re: Tag clean emails (backup server)

Post by northwindit »

Because within minutes of the backup server being brought online it was hit hard with spam emails. So in the off chance one gets through the backup server to the primary server i want the users to exercise more caution when viewing emails that have MX2 in the subject line when the primary server has NOT had any downtime.