One User 2 Domains

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
peter.munnelly

One User 2 Domains

Post by peter.munnelly »

Hi,

How do I add an alias domain to a user so that they can use one login to access spam email for both domains.

so for example, a user has an email of me@example.com and me@example.co.uk How can I create a user and link a second domain to them without having to create two logins?
ovizii

Re: One User 2 Domains

Post by ovizii »

I don't think that is possible atm but I am also looking for this as well as the ability to allow one domain admin user to see/manage multiple domains.
z3us

Post by z3us »

This would be a very nice feature! +1
thelight

Post by thelight »

I also like this possibility, maybe it's also possible to enhance the webinterface of Mailwatch to be able to add new domains and their mailservers.
So Postfix is connected to SQL.
In that way, it's possible to create an extra php page for entering the domain details.

It would be nice to have the possibility to select multiple domains for one user :clap:
victorburgos

Post by victorburgos »

It is possible to have a single user with multiple domains.

1) Create a new user: user@domain1.com
efa01.png
efa01.png (22.19 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
2) Select user type: Domain Administrator
3) Save the new user
4) Go to user filters
efa02.png
efa02.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
5) Add the domains that you want this user to manage.
efa03.png
efa03.png (5.35 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
IMPORTANT: If you are modifying an existing user, you need to logoff and log back in with the user for the filters to apply.

When you add multiple domains to the user, the user will be able to view/manage all messages and will also be able to create white/black lists with this domains.

It took me a while to figure this out, and this post was making me believe it was not possible.

Hope this helps.