Mail stuck in queue instantly released on reboot.

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
DrDomino

Mail stuck in queue instantly released on reboot.

Post by DrDomino »

Hi There,

I have installed efa having been an old ESVA user.
I have used it for a customers mail filtering but the queue slowly fills up over a period of a few hours whilst letting some emails through. It always report a timeout to the mail server which is local and on the same subnet.
efa 10.0.254.16
mailserver 10.0.254.11

If I use any tool to check the smtp connectivity it works every time without fail on both boxes (EFA and the smtp server). either locally or via the public IP addresses that are natted to these two boxes.

I have tried to flush the mail queue in webadmin but it has no effect.
The only thing that works is a reboot of efa. As soon as it reboots all the mail is instantly delivered. The queue is ok for a bit and slowly starts to back up again.

Generally the efa box adds quite a delay anyway to the delivery to the end users server which I am not keen on.

The box is straight from the download site running on HA set of servers and a SAN on Hyper-V in my own Data Center Cabinet. There are no hardware issues. The box has 4 cores and 4gb RAM allocated. The only amendment I did from the vanilla box is to extend the VAR partition.

Help would be appreciated as I have had to bypass efa at the moment.
Mark
shawniverson

Re: Mail stuck in queue instantly released on reboot.

Post by shawniverson »

Is it the inbound or outbound queue that is stacking up?
MOHYE94

Re: Mail stuck in queue instantly released on reboot.

Post by MOHYE94 »

Hi
did you have solved this problem ?

i have the same problem mail are stuck in incoming queue and will be delivered only on reboot...

Thx
(sorry for my english :roll: )