blacklist_from_not_spf ?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
nicola.piazzi

blacklist_from_not_spf ?

Post by nicola.piazzi »

Is there a way to give an extra score (for example +2) to all messages that come with spf fail and have a speficic domain ?

I have in SPF for my domain non only my mailserver but also other mailservers that are listed in spf
I want that all messages that come to me from mailserver not in my spf have an extra score because are more probably spam instead other that can be from a mistake of Others
nicola.piazzi

Re: blacklist_from_not_spf ?

Post by nicola.piazzi »

I am not sure that problem was eplained correctly, perhaps is my english that is not good

I use EFA sending email from domain gruppocomet.it
In SPF gruppocomet.it is authorized to EFAs IP and other external IP that are our external services

So EFA receives messages from gruppocomet.it that come from these services and that take spf ok and that are whitelisted_from_spf

But I want to add score to messages that come from gruppocomet.it with spf fail !!! because i am sure of how i write my spf and i cant be so sure about others spf
nicola.piazzi

Post by nicola.piazzi »

SOLVED

I write a custom rule so :

# Regola per dare uno score a chi manda mail coi nostri domini da un server non in spf
describe MYDOMAIN_D Dominio locale
header MYDOMAIN_D From =~ /(comet\.it|gruppocomet\.it|vignuda\.it|marinipandolfi\.it|agenti\.gruppocomet\.it|sime\.gruppocomet\.it)/
score MYDOMAIN_D -0.01
meta SPF_FAIL_MYDOMAIN ( MYDOMAIN_D && SPF_FAIL )
describe SPF_FAIL_MYDOMAIN Spf fallito su Dominio locale
score SPF_FAIL_MYDOMAIN 8.00
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

This looks pretty cool. So does this say that if it matches your domain and the SPF check fails it is spam? So, those with a valid SPF record can detect when mail is not from them via the SPF record? :think:
nicola.piazzi

Post by nicola.piazzi »

For example i have this spf :

MYDOMAIN +ip1 +ip2 +ip3 -all

ip1 is efa, and this is not relevant

ip2 and ip3 are internet mail server associates to mass mailing or web services that send mail using MYDOMAIN
when efa receive mail from MYDOMAIN it accept only ip2 and ip3 it Others spoof MYDOMAIN adn sent it to efa they get 8.00 score
:-)
Dev0nch

Post by Dev0nch »

Hi There

I like this rule and would like to use it with my Setup.

Where do i add this rule?

Must i add it manually somwhere?

Thanks!
nicola.piazzi

Post by nicola.piazzi »

anywhere in local.cf file