Release link in Quarantine Report

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
akrimmer

Release link in Quarantine Report

Post by akrimmer »

Is it possible to add a release link to the daily Quarantine Report so users can just click that link to release the message instead of having to use the View link to view it first?

I don't want users to get a "Spam Not Delivered" message for every single spam message that comes in. But if they could quickly release from the daily quarantine report, that would be very helpful.

Thanks.
shawniverson

Re: Release link in Quarantine Report

Post by shawniverson »

Good idea, I would suggest putting in a feature request over at MailWatch.

http://mailwatch.org/
anti-spam

Post by anti-spam »

Hello,

i'we setup 2 EFA appliances, and i'm always learning on it.

Until now, our users receiced a {Spam not delivered} email for every spam, with the details about that spam (server name, message ID,...) AND a link, that make a release it of, but ALSO a ham report ...
But alot of our users did a click on it, thinking that every SPAM was not spam, without knowing that the appliance will not anymore consider that email as ... spam ... :oops:
Now, i removed that link, and our clients have to reply to that email, and we will verify if it's spam or not, and if not then we will release it.
But we have over 5.000 users ... Every Monday is a nightmare ... having to analyze every mail, release and report it ...

Is there no way to send that {Spam not delivered} email, with a "View only" link, so that if it's not a spam, they can send us a email to release it ?
With a view of a blocked email, most people can know if it is spam or not ...

About Quarantine Reports ... Is there a way to send a daily quarantine report to EVERY users that received spams ?
Thanks to let me know
:arrow: always fighting spams ... :hand:
asuweb

Post by asuweb »

I don't know how different efa is from the standard mailwatch version (I was going to migrate over to efa from my mailscanner / mailwatch setup, but the installer seems to be broken, and I can't be bothered to try and work around it).

I've successfully (and fairly easily) modified the mailwatch daily quarantine report to provide a "Release" link along side the view link.

This is a single click operation, with no login required, much like you get with commercial filtering systems.

The basic workflow is as follows:

Store a Unique id and the mail id for each email in the report in the database.
Release button links to a new script, which basically checks that the unique id and message id match what's stored in the database, and if so mail is released, and the entry is removed from the table.

Simple but effective.

If anyone want's the diff files with the changes (from the standard mailwatch version) I'm happy to provide them.

Next on the list of mods is to automatically add users to the daily quarantine reports (in the same way that a lot of the commercial systems do).
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Please do share :D

This could be a huge win for everybody, and I'd be happy to review for inclusion.
asuweb

Post by asuweb »

Hi,

Changes are here: https://github.com/asuweb/Mailwatch-1.2.0-asuantispam

Notably, the following files:

mailscanner/auto-release.php
tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_maint.php
tools/Cron_jobs/quarantine_report.php

Next on the list is automatic user quarantine activation.

Cheers,
peter.munnelly

Post by peter.munnelly »

Has anybody tried this and got it working?
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Going to try it out...
dwmp

Post by dwmp »

@anti-spam:
How did you remove the release-link from the "Spam not delivered"-mails?
I want the users being notified about blocked mails, but do not want to give them the possibility to release these mails.
Thanks!
dwmp

Post by dwmp »

Alright, I found a possibility to notify users about Spam and High Score Spam mails (MailScanner.conf).
Unfortunately I did not found a possibility for virus mails, does someone know how I can achieve that?
dwmp

Post by dwmp »

Anyone an idea?
gonzalezroda

Post by gonzalezroda »

anti-spam wrote: Until now, our users receiced a {Spam not delivered} email for every spam, with the details about that spam (server name, message ID,...) AND a link, that make a release it of, but ALSO a ham report ...
But alot of our users did a click on it, thinking that every SPAM was not spam, without knowing that the appliance will not anymore consider that email as ... spam ... :oops:
Hello anti-spam,
How do you do that? I already notify with the {Spam not delivered} message but I haven't found how add a link to release the original message, is this an custom script or just adding a link with the release path on the message?

Hope you can share. Thank you.