LDAP Logins

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
james27_84

LDAP Logins

Post by james27_84 »

Hello,

I followed the directions to enable LDAP integration. It works great. No problems there. The issue I am having is that the admin username I created originally in EFA is the same as the admin username in our active directory and when I log into the mail watch interface with that account it treats it like a regular user account and I've lost any admin options.

I need to figure out how to set up quarantine report emails for users, and how to fine tune them to send multiple times a day and just display the quarantined messages since the last quarantine report.

I also need to figure out how to turn off the "{Spam Not Delivered}" email notifications.

I assume these settings are in the mail watch web interface which I can no longer get admin access to. Any thoughts? Thank you!
pdwalker

Re: LDAP Logins

Post by pdwalker »

james27_84 wrote:I also need to figure out how to turn off the "{Spam Not Delivered}" email notifications.

I assume these settings are in the mail watch web interface which I can no longer get admin access to. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Look in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf. You'll need to be a root user to edit this file.

Look for the following settings:

Code: Select all

Spam Actions = 
High Scoring Spam Actions =
Non Spam Actions =
These options appear starting around line 2377 in my file and there is lots of documentation on the options.

For reference, my settings are:

Code: Select all

Spam Actions              = store deliver header "X-Spam-Status:Yes"
High Scoring Spam Actions = store header "X-Spam-Status:Yes"
Non Spam Actions          = store deliver header "X-Spam-Status:No"
This stores all mail so I can train/retrain spamassassin, delivers low/likely spam and does not delivery or notify anyone about high spam.
james27_84

Post by james27_84 »

Thank you for the reply. I started down the path you showed me, and actually did find the configurations you spoke of, but took a step back and opened the "Spam Settings" section in EFA-Config. Duh. That's where it was. Last issue then, when I log in as my users quarantine report is unchecked. Is there a setting somewhere that will enable the quarantine report for everyone?
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Good question.

I have no idea. Time to figure it out, unless some kind soul gives me a pointer.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

james27_84 wrote:Last issue then, when I log in as my users quarantine report is unchecked. Is there a setting somewhere that will enable the quarantine report for everyone?
Yeah, I recall this. Not a setting per-se, but a way to force it on. The answer is hidden deep in the forums somewhere (its been a while)...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=868
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Useful to know, linked to the wiki