EFA rejects Amazon emails

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
Goppi

EFA rejects Amazon emails

Post by Goppi »

amazon receives the error 450 4.1.8 xxx@marketplace.amazon.co.uk Sender address rejected: Domain not found.

I can't see the emails in Mailwatch though. I added the domain to the whitelist, but am still not receiving their emails. I guess it's blocked before it reaches the Spam/Virus filter. How can I configure the EFA to allow emails from amazon.co.uk regardless of subdomains?

Thanks,
Goppi
shawniverson

Re: EFA rejects Amazon emails

Post by shawniverson »

Postfix is rejecting "marketplace.amazon.co.uk" because it doesn't resolve in DNS.

Code: Select all

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain
You can remove "reject_unknown_sender_domain" and restart postfix, but be aware this may lead to an increase in spam received from unknown domains.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

As Shawn says.

The problem is the domain marketplace.amazon.co.uk which doesn't resolve in DNS.

If the email is legitimate, then Amazon has a configuration problem - either the domain should resolve to something, or they should rewrite their sending domain to something valid.

If the email is junk, then it is correctly rejected.

If the email really is legitimate, and you don't want to change the postfix rule rejecting unresolvable domains, then you could use a local DNS resolver to "handle" this domain locally. (e.g. override the worldwide DNS and resolve it to an internal address) to keep postfix happy
DaN

Post by DaN »

If the email really is legitimate, and you don't want to change the postfix rule rejecting unresolvable domains, then you could use a local DNS resolver to "handle" this domain locally. (e.g. override the worldwide DNS and resolve it to an internal address) to keep postfix happy
.. or he could write Amazon an mail. So they can remedy the deficiency.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

that would be the most sensible option, assuming someone sensible at Amazon can be contacted.