Not always the Outbound Signature is added.

Report bugs and workarounds
buzzzo

Not always the Outbound Signature is added.

Post by buzzzo »

Hi

I'm facing the following issue in 3.0.6 (CustomAction.pm version: Version 20140309)

1) mail sended by simple perl script or by telnetting on smtp port is correctly delivered with signature appended
2) mail sended via mail client like thunderbird is delivered without signature.

I've tried the customaction.pm available on github but with it both 1) and 2) produce a Mail delivered without signature.

[UPDATE] On a Mac+Thunderbird the 2) seems to work, does not work on Windows+Thunderbird

Is a know bug ?

Thx
shawniverson

Re: Not always the Outbound Signature is added.

Post by shawniverson »

What are your inline signature rules, and is the Thunderbird Client on Windows sending using a from address that matches the signature rules?

P.S. I confirmed the 3.0.0.7-beta version of CustomAction.pm has an issue relating to a whitelisting exception. I have flagged it as an issue.
buzzzo

Post by buzzzo »

Mail Clients are configured in the same way.
Is there a way to debug at low level (mailscanner level) the append of the signature ?

thx
buzzzo

Post by buzzzo »

Well ok ... i have found the issue (if is it).

On the thunderbird client that expierience the problem I have enabled the enabled the email signing with the s/mime client certificate.
This cause the append on the body of the mail the mime public key, that could be confusing the signing procedure of mailscanner.

Don't know if is a bug or something that could not be fixed.

Thx
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Hmm....definitely something to look into. If the email is being signed using S/MIME, I could see that an inline sig would change the email and therefore break the S/MIME signature...