Whitelisting in SQLGrey

Report bugs and workarounds
dbator

Whitelisting in SQLGrey

Post by dbator »

All I am trying to do is whitelist the domain yahoo.com (just for testing) so it doesn't get greylisted. My mail server is not live yet, so to test, I am just using telnet into 25 and using fake email addresses (test@yahoo.com) in the MAIL FROM: section. I added each one at a time and tested, and all would come back Here are all the sections I added yahoo.com to (I tried variables I knew) :

Mailwatch > Greylist > Domains:

Sender domain Source
*.yahoo.com *
*.yahoo.com default
*.yahoo.com c
*.yahoo.com d
@yahoo.com *
@yahoo.com default
@yahoo.com d
@yahoo.com c
yahoo.com c
yahoo.com d
yahoo.com *
yahoo.com default

Mailwatch > Greylist > Optout Domain:

Opt-out domains
(recipients for whom messages are never greylisted)
*.yahoo.com
@yahoo.com
yahoo.com

/etc/sqlgrey/clients_fqdn_whitelist.local

*.yahoo.com
@yahoo.com
yahoo.com

Also as a test, I looked at /etc/sqlgrey/clients_fqdn_whitelist. I tried several different domains list in here are being whitelisted from greylisting like:
*.amazon.com (test@amazon.com)
*.karger.ch (test@karger.ch)
These email tests were also greylisted.

This is what I see in the maillog (obviously changed the RCPT address):
Sep 12 12:11:47 NY-STARFOX sqlgrey: perf: spent 0s cleaning: from_awl (0) domain_awl (0) connect (0)
Sep 12 12:11:47 NY-STARFOX sqlgrey: grey: new: 192.168.80.206(192.168.80.206), test@yahoo.com -> myself@mail.com
Sep 12 12:11:47 NY-STARFOX postfix/smtpd[2928]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[192.168.80.206]: 451 4.7.1 <myself@mail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 5 minutes; from=<test@yahoo.com> to=<myself@mail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.com>

I hope I am missing a step somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as before going live, I have about 30 + domains I need to whitelist from greylisting. Thank you.
shawniverson

Re: Whitelisting in SQLGrey

Post by shawniverson »

What is your optmethod in /etc/sqlgrey/sqlgrey.conf ?

You may need to set it to optout...

Code: Select all

optmethod = optout
dbator

Post by dbator »

I checked the sqlgrey.conf file and it is already set to optmethod = optout
dbator

Post by dbator »

It appears single-address greylisting is working, if that's any consolation. Say I send a test email from test@yahoo.com. in telnet the server replies it has been greylisted for 5 minutes. So after 5+ minutes I try sending from the same address, test@yahoo.com, and it no longer greylists it and I am able to get messages from that address. In fact, it adds it to the Whitelisted Email Addresses list:
test yahoo.com 192.168.2.2 2014-09-12 11:40:24 2014-09-12 13:42:25
Once the address is added to the whitelist email addresses list, it whitelists just fine.

So as a new test, I went to the Domains tab (Mailwatch > Greylist > Domains), and in the domain field, entered yahoo.com. However in the source field, I added the IP of my workstation sending the test emails. Now this time, no matter what MAIL FROM address I tried (as long as it ended in yahoo.com) got Whitelisted from greylisting.

So I am one step closer now as it is whitelisted all addresses with domain ending in yahoo.com, but just from my own workstation's local IP address (192.168.2.2). If I could just get the Source value to accept any/all IP addresses, or to ignore this value, and just to focus on the domain value instead.
So far for the Source value I have tried: *, any, 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255, 0.0.0.0/32

I imagine this is what the section "Optout Domain" is for, however as stated before, I have tried this and no matter how i state the domain, yahoo.com, it never greylists any addresses.