RBL

Report bugs and workarounds
mshanley

RBL

Post by mshanley »

I am looking at mailwatch and I have a piece of email from ip 70.39.85.138 that came in that is IS marked as spam and IS on RBL lists but LISTED IN RBL: has an N
I have another piece of email from ip 205.188.109.201 that made it through the checks, it IS SPAM and is also on RBL lists and the LISTED IN RBL: is also showing an N

Why is the RBL lookup not working?

I have this in Postfix
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org;b.barracudacentral.org;ubl.unsubscore.com;hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com;psbl.surriel.com;spam.pedantic.org;dnsbl.anticaptcha.net;

Disregard
The entries are supposed to be put in like this
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org
shawniverson

Re: RBL

Post by shawniverson »

NP :whistle:
mshanley

Post by mshanley »

I'm still not sure this is working.
I added RBL Barracuda to postfix smtp client restrictions. I understand and have tested by adding a more restrictive rbl (using hostkarma) sent email using Hotmail (which was listed in hostkarma) and the email was blocked and I saw no record in mailwatch because putting in the postfix setup discards it before it gets processed.

I don't think however Barracuda is working as I just got an email and it made it all the way in but the IP IS on the barracuda rbl. 69.175.49.120
so im thinking maybe DNS is not working correctly for postfix? IS there a log file I can check to make sure RBL lookups are really happening?

When I use webmin and I go to network setting DNS is only set to 127.0.0.1.
I just removed 127.0.0.1 and added my 2 local dns servers here.
I will test further and see.

If I go to mailscanner config I do see my 2 dns servers.
mshanley

Post by mshanley »

RBL is not working

this just came in and was listed in ZEN