mailscanner/rep_message_listing.php Issues Since Update

Report bugs and workarounds
blake

mailscanner/rep_message_listing.php Issues Since Update

Post by blake »

All,

Since our latest update to eFa our mailscanner/rep_message_listing.php file appears to have been corrupted. It is not displaying anything in the GUI web browser. I have not been able to find an acceptable command line alternative at this time either for viewing all the messages received, blocked, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Blake
pdwalker

Re: mailscanner/rep_message_listing.php Issues Since Update

Post by pdwalker »

Hi Blake,

Do me a favour and post the results of the following two commands:

Code: Select all

[root@efa mailscanner]# wc -l rep_message_listing.php && md5sum rep_message_listing.php
127 rep_message_listing.php
8e2e05292fcafa1d89b685492677c2cb  rep_message_listing.php
I'm curious to see if it matches mine.

The files shouldn't be different (can any one else on 3.0.2.6 confirm confirm their results?)
blake

Post by blake »

Not really sure where the breaks in those commands are. I tried the wc 0l with the && then I tried what looks like the other two commands it is not taking them. Now we have a new issue where we can't get in the GUI at all. It states Error: Database connection failed
It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly Contact the system administrator if the problem persists.
I am new to eFa. Looks like YUM updates run through their own repository which is good wondering that may help. Looks like we have auto updates set and it may be new updates hosing our GUI. I can get in from the CLI but have not found commands or directories that list all the information in message_listings.php from the GUI. It looks like it has a SQL back end so I am wondering if there could be an issue there.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

"&&" means run the second command only if the first command runs successfully.

e.g. "ls && cd" would run a directory listing command (has that command ever failed?) and then changes you back to your home directory.

if you're getting a "Database connection failed" error, then you have a problem with your database.

Check your file system. Have you run out of space?

Check your mysql error log. Are there any obvious messages telling you why the system is not behaving?

Check for your mysqld process. Is it running?
blake

Post by blake »

Here is the output 127 rep_message_listing.php
8e2e05292fcafa1d89b685492677c2cb rep_message_listing.php

I had to be in the directory of the php file for it to work.
We have resolved the issue with the SQL database requriring maintenance but the message_listing issue still persists. We can see the other GUI tabs but not that one. It would be nice to get some scripts or packages to output what you would look at in the GUI from the CLI in colorized text as well.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

The doctor is in...

Code: Select all

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mailwatch/MailWatch/1.2/upgrade.php
chmod +x upgrade.php
./upgrade.php