Not accepting incoming Mail

Report bugs and workarounds
sharktech

Not accepting incoming Mail

Post by sharktech »

Morning All

Just updated to 3.0.1.5 on my backup box and now I'm getting "Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem;" for valid email addresses in relay_recipients

Any pointers where to look other than maillog.

Thanks
sharktech

Re: Not accepting incoming Mail

Post by sharktech »

Just gone back into the logs and I'm getting this now

Sep 20 11:07:43 spam postfix[3808]: Postfix is running with backwards-compatible default settings
Sep 20 11:07:43 spam postfix[3808]: See http://www.postfix.org/COMPATIBILITY_README.html for details
Sep 20 11:07:43 spam postfix[3808]: To disable backwards compatibility use "postconf compatibility_level=2" and "postfix reload"

Thanks
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

What you see in the maillog is normal for backwards compatibility. You can raise the compatibility level if you are confident that postfix isn't using any deprecated settings.

As for server configuration problem, this usually indicates that there's a problem one of the configuration files. You may have to turn some things off in postfix temporarily to narrow in on the issue (such as relay_recipients table). Also, take a close look at main.cf and make sure everything looks okay.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Also, it would be good to let us know what setting was causing the problem when you find the problem