3.0.1.3 - Release Message From Web Not Working?

Report bugs and workarounds
skoppes

3.0.1.3 - Release Message From Web Not Working?

Post by skoppes »

Hello,

We had a fairly painless upgrade to 3.0.1.3, and tests worked (somehow).

After an hour or so, we started getting calls of missing email. Went in and found the MailScanner was apparently repeatedly crashing, causing EFA to quarantine/hold everything on inbound and outbound. Yikes! This was directly related to having other AV products installed; they are now disabled. We once again have proper email flow for both inbound and outbound messages.

Once that was resolved, I started picking through all of the quarantined messages with the web GUI. Open message, scroll down, click to select Release, click Submit. One or two worked for me, so I processed anything looking legit. It is not throwing an error on the page when it reloads.

Half hour later I get a call that the messages still haven't come through. Apparently Release is NOT functioning for us on incoming messages. Alternate Recipient does not function either. I confirmed the files are there in /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20160909/* and used a terminal + WinSCP to extract the most critical messages by hand. That is rather painful, but at least the messages are being stored somewhere.

Per another topic with the same subject, there is nothing showing up in /var/log/maillog when submit is clicked, either for release, alternate recipient, or both. I'm at a loss for where to look next?

Any help is appreciated! =)
shawniverson

Re: 3.0.1.3 - Release Message From Web Not Working?

Post by shawniverson »

Running some tests here...